Wackies

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Puppy Training = Owner Training

Whew, it's been just over 1 week since we brought home our bundle of joy. It's already been a journey. After bringing him home last week, Kona decided to stop eating. Turns out, our pup is a very emotional puppy. With all the sudden changes, it was too much for him. After a few days of this, we decided to bring him to the Vet to ensure all was okay. Vet suggested that we start cooking him boiled rice and chicken breast. This pup is eating better than his owners! He won't be on this diet for too much longer, we just hope, he'll actually eat his puppy food.
What has Kona taught us so far... he has taught us to always keep an eye on him. You just never know what he'll get into next. Also, leave toys in every area so that if he has an urge to chew, you have something to hand him right away. And the biggest thing he has taught us, or still is trying to teach us is Patience! Kona is one smart puppy, and in many ways, I wish he wasn't so darn smart. But I guess the lesson is, be careful what you wish for. Smart dogs may be easy to train, but they can also train you.

Today, I'll be bringing our little Kona to Petsmart for his first potty training session. He'll soon be enrolled in Puppy classes. Hopefully I can train him out of talking back. I don't know where he learned that, but I'm sure my mom would be pleased to hear that Kona is talking back to me. After all, she always said, "Oh wait till you have kids!"

God, give us Patience.

1 Comments:

  • Hello I was surfing around the net and I happened to come up on your blog through a google search well i was searching for dog underground fence and they sent me over here well after i read a few of your post i wanted to post a thank you for some good reading i found it both enjoyable and educatiional
    keep up the good work . I added a bookmark to you so I can come back formore reading

    Thanks
    dog underground fence.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at October 17, 2006 8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home