Wackies

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

We Made It

Today was my first day back to work after an entire year off on Mat. Leave. I had a very restless sleep waking up every hour since 1:00am. Thankfully, I did not have to drop Ethan off at the Day Home as Wackie works in the afternoon. Therefore, we can allow him to sleep till he wakes up on his own and feed him breakfast at home. Otherwise, he would be getting up at the crack of dawn with me so that I can make it to work on time.
My first day back at work was quite uneventful. I had 2 meetings in the morning that took up the entire morning, then a shopping trip out to Ikea with my co-worker to buy her a new desk as she will be relocating to a new office (otherwise there would be 3 of us in 1 office!). That was a nice ease into work. The next two days, I will be sitting on my butt listening and "learning" about managment things which somewhat doesn't apply as my role does not involve managing people...yet (still waiting for them to push that on me).
Anyway, when I picked up Ethan, he was very happy to see me and the drive home was plesant with no crying. Our Day Home lady said that he did well with little fussing. He even napped for 1.5 hours though she said he cried and fussed for a while first. He ate well, but didn't drink too much so when we got home, I fed him and he drank fast and long. Lets hope that he continues to do well at the Day Home.
I'm hoping for better sleep tonight as well.

1 Comments:

  • I'm so glad both you and Ethan made it through Day 1 well relative ease! I can only imagine how hard it is to leave him, especially since you've pretty much been with him 24/7 for the past year!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at October 15, 2008 8:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home