Wackies

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Got the Bed, rest to come!

Well, the year and months of waiting are finally coming to an end. I can see the light!!!
You see, today we finally went out and bought our new bed. I've been waiting for this moment before we were even married. I had ask Wackie if we could get a new bedroom set when we got married, and his answer was "sure". The day came and went and no bedroom set. I ask him, can we get a new bedroom set... he says, "after we get back from our Honeymoon". Honeymoon came and went and I ask in the new year if we can get a new bedroom set. Wackie replies, "sure". No bedroom set... We sell our house and we buy a new one and I ask again if we can get a new bedroom set, he says we'll wait till we get settled in. We move in and I ask again, he replys when we get back from Australia (we have been married over a year). We get back from Australia and I ask again, he says sure. We look, we don't like anything we see. Finally at Christmas we see one we like at Ikea, they tell us the color we want won't come in till January. We go in January, they have all the sizes but Queen they tell us it won't come in till February. Well, it's February and we got our bed. But the rest of the bedroom set furniture apparently won't come in for another month or two. But I got the bed, at least I got the bed...

6 Comments:

  • Yeah, she got the bed!!!

    Wackie

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at February 02, 2006 9:55 PM  

  • I'm happy you finally got the first piece to your new bedroom...I've been half heartedly looking for myself too...it's all sooo pricey...but I'm sure it's all worth it!

    By Blogger Vanilla Con, at February 02, 2006 11:13 PM  

  • Bedroom sets are so expensive. I can't believe it. I'm sure they jack up the price just because they know that everyone needs to buy one and they can get away with the sky-high prices.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at February 03, 2006 1:04 AM  

  • Our bed is also an IKEA. It's the Sultan Hasselback (Queen) and we also have a mattress pad for it. It's the comfiest bed *ever* =) I'm glad you'll have a super comfy bed to lay your wacky heads on tonight!

    By Blogger Mrs. Loquacious, at February 03, 2006 10:51 AM  

  • Hey, did you hear that cheezy IKEA radio commercial, you could get $40 bucks for your $400 Ralph bucks.

    Might as well.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at February 03, 2006 6:26 PM  

  • Oh, we haven't set the up the bed. It's still in pieces in boxes. I'll let you know when we actually put it together. I predict not for at least another month or two!

    By Blogger Wackies, at February 03, 2006 8:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home