Wackies

Monday, December 08, 2008

Our first trip to the ER

Well, it was bound to happen one day and it happened this weekend. Our very first trip to the ER! We were just getting ready to head out the door to go swimming at the Waterpark for Wackie's Christmas party and Ethan tripped. He had walked into the bathroom where I was getting ready and tripped on our bathmat. He fell and hit corner of our ceramic tile leaving a nice indent and gash on his forehead. He only cried for a short bit and stopped as soon as I picked him up. I decided to call Health Link just in case though he seemed okay beside the goose egg that came up very soon after his fall! Since it took so long to get through, we had already arrived at the Waterpark when I got through and the nurse advised me to take him to the ER due to that indent (soft head). So we turned around and headed to the ER. The nurse and doc was so nice there. We were there probably for only 10 minutes while everyone else had been waiting for a long time! It must of been Ethan's smiles and flirting nature to the nurses ;) They checked him out right away and sent us home. No stitches needed and the boy was happy to go to the Waterpark after all. I'm thinking this is not going to be the last trip out to the ER. He does not appear to be afraid of anything!


Owie!


Ethan had to put on a baby's hospital gown. It was so sad to see him wear it, but it was too cute to resist a picture.

3 Comments:

  • I'm glad he's going to be alright.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at December 09, 2008 3:19 AM  

  • Poor kid! Yikes...I think it was scarier for you guys as parents than it was for Ethan! I'm just glad no stitches were required!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at December 10, 2008 8:10 PM  

  • Glad to hear he's okay! I agree - he looks very cute in his gown. Hope you guys had fun at the waterpark.
    Jen

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at December 11, 2008 1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home