Wackies

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

BIg Apple...Here We Come!

We're going to NYC! Main reason for going there is because it is my parent's 35th Wedding anniversary and we asked them where they wanted to go. After some thought, mom wanted to head to NYC and check things out there. Other options were a cruise, Hawaii, Mexico.

We will be there from October 24-November 05 and will be staying in New Jersey because we have relatives there. It will be nice because there are relatives that I have not seen in over a decade! Plus it will be nice for our immediate family to get together again.

Now comes to planning the trip and what we want to do. Of course we will be doing family stuff and the obvious tourist things! We will also try to catch a Broadway show and maybe even Letterman! So many things so little time!

So if anyone has any suggestions of what to do, let us know!

Wackie

5 Comments:

  • If it was me, I would have dinner at a fancy schmancy place in NYC at night, and then go up to the top of the Empire State Building with my honey and enjoy the view and each other; it's totally "Sleepless in Seattle" meets "An Affair to Remember" but I love those movies and the romance that is NYC.

    Don't forget about Central Park!

    And shopping at all the big department stores down there!!

    *sigh* I wish I was going to the Big Apple...but school's still in session so no big trips yet. =/

    By Blogger Mrs. Loquacious, at September 28, 2006 8:26 AM  

  • I'm sooo envious...but good for you guys...a get away is always a good thing!

    Make sure you have a big hotdog for me from a vendor while in NYC!

    By Blogger Vanilla Con, at September 28, 2006 6:25 PM  

  • When you are shopping for non-souvenrirs stuff, there is an outlet type mall in New Jersey. The good thing about shopping there is that there is no state tax in New Jersey.

    We caught Lion King, which did kinda live up to its hype.

    Too many places to comment over Blogger. I'm happy for you guys! NYC is a fun city for holidaying.

    Remember to post up your wacky photos after the trip. :)

    Have fun!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at September 28, 2006 9:30 PM  

  • I just read a book, "The Nasty Bits" (ummm, don't judge it by its name), written by Anthony Bourdain, a chef from NY. He has lots of recommendations in there, both cheap and expensive.

    It's a compilation of various articles he's written so you'd have to sift through to find the ones specifically about NY, but there were quite a few places.

    Nearly dehydrated from all the drooling I did while reading his food descriptions...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at September 29, 2006 4:04 PM  

  • By my SEARCHING out FOR THE LATEST INFORMATION about Travel Protection I have found your site.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at October 04, 2006 11:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home