Wackies

Monday, February 23, 2009

Remembering Dad


I received a call from my mom on February 08, 2009 while I was in Calgary. She informed me that dad had passed away which was a great surprise to me. Even though he had gone through a stroke in 1998 and a lung cancer scare in 2002, things were going well for him. Needless to say, it was hard to hear it from my mom. Dad loved to listen to Chinese Opera and went quite often and this is where God decided to take him back to heaven.

On February 16, 2009 we laid dad to rest in Vancouver. It was a hard time leading up to the memorial but as the day approached God provided me with great peace as I read the eulogy. I am comforted in the fact that dad accepted Christ as his Saviour after he had his stroke in 1998. Dad had made a great impact in his family`s and friends life through his positive attitude. His laughter was loud and he laughed at almost anything (even though we may not have thought it was funny).

Thanks dad for all you have done for us to make our lives better! We love you and will miss you.

Your son

1 Comments:

  • What a sweet tribute.

    Our thoughts and prayers continue to be with you and your family.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at February 23, 2009 1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home