Wackies

Sunday, February 12, 2006

25 Years Gone...

Well, it's over. My birthday came and went and now I'm officially 25 years old. A whole quarter century old! Ouch. But I can't complain because I brought in the 25th year with many great eats and laughs. It started on Monday when Norm had set a date for the two of us to dine out, unfortunately, my stomach was not responding well, so we had to postpone it till Tuesday. On Tuesday we walked over to Tasty Tomatoes and had the whole dining out experience. Red Wine, calamari for appetizer, I had the Seafood Feature and Norm a chicken pasta. Delicious. There was enough of the pasta to bring home for lunch so that was a bonus! On Wednesday, that was my birthday bash. We had all of our closest friends over to help me ease into my 25th year. It was filled with screaming kids, food, food and more food! We had a BBQ which I have never had on my birthday, seeing that it is in February and it is usually Winter now. But fun it was. I was even spoiled with endless presents. I seriously felt like I was turning 10 as I was opening all those gifts. Thank you to everyone, they are all so great and special! Then finally, Thursday, my official birthday date. After a busy day at work, my family took me out to eat at Milestones in South Common. Though the food was okay, it wasn't great. I don't know if I would go back actually, but hey, I got a free cake out of it. Thanks Jay for asking. Ha ha.
So it's over. I'm here. I have left my early twenties and entered into the late twenties category. I don't know what there is in store for me, but I envision it too be filled with warm hugs, hilarious moments and laughs, precious moments and Kodiak moments. I look forward to sharing time with friends and families.. Watching new families be created and new additions to those already started. I also see tears of happiness, tears of sadness and tears of great joy.
Well, here is to the next 25 years....

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home