Wackies

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Joys of Working in a Hospital Like Setting

Sigh... my second day off of work due to a virus that attacked my body Tuesday night. Over the past 15 days at work, our facility has been fighting off a virus that jumped aboard as fast as you can say it's name. We hit an Outbreak! Within it's first day arriving, 7 of our patients were hit. As of yesterday, the count was 69 patients, 30 staff... and me, one of them. Ouch. It didn't help that I was washing my hands constantly and if not washing with water and soap, using the waterless pumps. My hands were raw and sore, but now I'm stuck at home in isolation. At least Kona has been keeping me company. So far, I have made it from my bed, to the couch, to the bathroom and back into bed. Fun huh?
I'm feeling a little better today. I may be able to head back to work tomorrow, but we'll see how I feel later today.
Back to bed...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home