Wackies

Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Happy April Fools Day!


Yes, it's April's Fools Day today and I can't think of any funny tricks to play on anyone... though I'll always remember the time a classmate of mine played a huge trick on me in University. We had worked together on a group project for one of our classes and had at that time, already submitted it in. At the start of the class, my classmate asked if I received the e-mail from the prof indicating that he needed to talk to us after class that day. Having not received it, ,my classmate went on to say that it had to do with the part of the project that I did... none the less, I was nervous and panicking all class. After class, as I prepared to go down to meet with the prof, my classmate turned to me and said, "Happy April Fool's Day!" Oh I was so mad, but more mad that I even fell for it! Don't worry, I laughed it off, gave him a huge punch and to this day, remember it as one of the best April Fools tricked played on me.

Anyway, time has sure been flying and our family has been busy with birthday parties, 1 Month celebrations, get together, work conferences and family time out. Ethan has been learning new words almost every week and has quite a few words under his belt now, though he may not share with you all of them, he'll blurt them out here and there. His new phase of things right now is "Fish" to say and see. We visit pet stores so that he can look at the fish, or hit up WEM to see the Koi fish by T&T or the big aquarium by the ice rink. We'll probably get his own fish soon, but not quite yet. He has grown taller as well, as he can now easily dunk his basketball in his basketball hoop in the basement. When we first set it up only a month ago, he struggled to get it over the hoop, but now, it's not a problem. He has also mastered climbing up on furniture and is quick in climbing anything he can. We're looking forward to warmer weather so that we can explore Edmonton's festivals and attractions. We also booked our tickets to see Thomas & Friends down in Calgary as Ethan knows and can pick out Thomas wherever we go. That will be fun, hopefully, it will be a nice day. We'll get to actually ride on Thomas and meet some of the other characters as well. Pretty exciting seeing that the whole exhibit and trains only travel to 3 cities in Canada.

Anyway, I better rest up a bit too as tonight is another dinner out for another baby's 1 Month celebration, and tonight, I'm on my own...

P.S. in a few months, we hope to share with you all some exciting news...

4 Comments:

  • WWHHHHAAAATTTT?!?!??!?!???!!

    By Anonymous Matt, at April 05, 2009 4:10 PM  

  • Hee hee...
    Please re-read the Title of my Blog!
    :)

    By Blogger Wackies, at April 05, 2009 9:52 PM  

  • Ethan has grown? Will I even be able recognize him when I get back??

    Make sure you start training him to say "Auntie Connie"... :)

    By Anonymous Vanilla Con, at April 09, 2009 7:23 PM  

  • You'd better start aging soon because it's bad enough you look like a teenage mom with an infant. You're only going to get worse looks from strangers as he grows older and you don't, ahahahah!

    By Anonymous karen, at April 23, 2009 3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home