Wackies

Monday, May 22, 2006

Long Weekend = Hard Labour

Wow, what a weekend!

Well, so long to the idea that we weren't going to touch our landscaping this year. After planting my 2 planters, my gardening side was not satisfied. So, I convinced Wackie to drive us out to Holes on Saturday which sparked new ideas and a vision for our flower beds... well, our soon to be flower beds. This weekend was filled with weeding, forking and turning the soil, seeding grass and planting flowers. Each day started with trips out to the greenhouses around town, lots of money spent on shrubs and plants and finally hard work. But so far, I'm loving what we got.

I believe gardening is an art. Today, I spent picking out plants and shrubs for our front flower bed. It was fun picking out flowers, trying to find other flowers that would complement each other and making sure their sizes wouldn't over power them. Then the fun of planting them in their new home strategically, knowing how big and how tall each will grow when it matures. I started with a blank canvas and ended up with a wonderful starting point.

Tomorrow, we do it all again.
Lets go!

1 Comments:

  • Wow, that *does* sound like a lot of fun! And a lot of dirt. And a lot of money.. ;) But I agree...it is an art to select choice flowers and plant them in a way that looks lovely and full(rather than haphazard and sparse).

    I always wished I had a green thumb. Unfortunately, mine is black, and every plant I've ever owned has lived a short life, in spite of my best intentions. =(

    By Blogger Mrs. Loquacious, at May 23, 2006 9:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home