Wackies

Saturday, April 22, 2006

Spring Sprung

I'm so happy that our Spring is looking promising. You know what they say, "April Showers brings May Flowers".

I'm reading through my gardening books and deciding what I would like to plant around our house this year. However, I'm not entirely sure if I'll even get a garden this year. With the amount of work that needs to happen inside and out, I'm thinking that nothing is going to survive.

As most of you know, I love plants and trees so I'm visualizing what one day our garden will look like, but also visualizing the amount of hard labour with it. That I'm not looking forward too.

This house however is going to be much harder to plan than our first home. Our front yard faces West which provides tones of sunlight, but then our back faces East which only gets morning sunlight, that's the hard part. All the plants I like require full sun which means I need to research more to figure out our backyard.

Any suggestions?

3 Comments:

  • Researching plants to put around your home?!? Wow, you should be grateful I don't live around you...my yard would totally bring down property values around your posh neighbourhood!

    That's why I pay condo fees, so I don't have to worry about landscaping and all the work/hassle that goes with it...that and the fact that I too can't keep anything besides myself alive (although the aloe is still hanging in there)...!

    By Blogger Vanilla Con, at April 23, 2006 8:29 AM  

  • Hey, what happened to doing MY backyard?? ahahaha! Just as well, I have no money. I wonder if I can grow some pretty weeds...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at April 25, 2006 4:18 PM  

  • Oh my supportive plant loving friends. I would love to put you to work in my yard if that is what requires you to learn more about plants. LOL.
    Weeds are really easy to grow. Enjoy them Karen!

    By Blogger Wackies, at April 26, 2006 5:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home