Wackies

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Date Nights

Well, we've been married now for 1 & 1/2 years and the honeymoon blish has long passed us. To rekindle our romance in our lives, we both decided that it was time to take "Date Nights" seriously. If we can't do this now, how will we do it when there are little ones running around like chickens without their heads?!? Oh sorry, that would be me.
Well, we started last week and our plans are to use up our many gift certificates that have been piling up in our drawer. Last week we went out for sushi at Mikado which is always so good. But thank goodness for the gift certificate... Thanks Joe. Then this week, Norm surprised me and bought me this stuff animal Elephant that I named "Junior". If you know me, I love stuff animals. What's so special about Junior is that I had saw him over a month ago while I was browsing through Chapters and I instantly loved this animal. But I didn't buy him knowing that I already had 4 sitting on our bed (lets keep that between us). Anyway, Norm remembered and on our way to dinner, he surprised me by pulling into Chapters and buying me Junior. Cute huh? Not only that, after supper, we hit good ol' Costco and I always stop at the flower section just to smell the flowers. I love flowers. Anyway, Norm tells me that he would like to buy me flowers so I got 14 light purple tulips - one of my favorite flowers. Am I spoiled or am I spoiled?
I can't wait for the many more date nights to come. It's been a great time just talking and learning more about each other.
Now if only I can get him to open the doors for me again...

2 Comments:

  • DAte nights are awesome - they definitely are great for H and I. Sometimes it is difficult to make the time for them given the normal busy days we have but it is always well worth it! Now if only we *had* gift certificates...;)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 30, 2006 9:34 PM  

  • I also like "Date Days," which are whole days dedicated to being on a date. Some examples would be going shopping at West Ed. (for no particular reason) or having an all-day DVD fest (CSI, 24 are popular in our home).

    I agree that it is vitally important to keep the romance alive, and find time to do stuff exclusively as a couple. Highly recommended to all the married folk out there! ;)

    By Blogger Mrs. Loquacious, at March 31, 2006 12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home