Wackies

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Who Would of Thought?!?

So as I shared with "The Loop" I'm at a crossroad, and in need of making a decision pretty fast. As of last Friday, my old temp. Position at my old job became a FT permanent position. Today, the internal posting went up and not without many phone calls from my ex co workers. In total I got 5 phone calls in a matter of 2 days informing me that the position is up for grabs and that I should seriously think about going back. Problem is, it's not that easy. I have now been at my current job for 8 months and I'm now starting to truly take root at my position. Although the workload is much heavier and much more stressful, it's also challenging and rewarding. However, it's also a place of change and has been known for that for many years. At my old place, it's stable and less stressful, but rewarding in different ways. I'll be weighing out the pros and cons of each, but am praying feverishly that God will direct in one way. I think at either jobs, I would be happy. Same position, same pay, but different workloads... Go figure.
But on the side, it's nice to know that I must of made a good impression if so many people are calling me and wanting me back there. Maybe it would be better if I left it on a good note...

3 Comments:

  • We were a praying for you!

    I agree, I think God would bless your decision either way.

    You can always apply, then wait to see once they offer it to you. Doesn't hurt to at least apply. ;)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at February 28, 2006 11:14 PM  

  • Must be the season for job stuff - so many people I know are either looking or at similar crossroads!

    1) Which one has the better atmosphere?
    2) Do you run the risk of being bored to tears at the job with low workload?
    3) Do you risk doing "free overtime" at the heavier job?
    4) Long-term, which one gives the most benefit to your career?

    1 is obviously terribly important - work is much easier when your co-workers are also friends or at least people you get along well with.

    2 can potentially be a worry - although some people like a job where they essentially do nothing, it gets *very* boring very quickly and in some cases is worse than a high-stress job.

    3 is one thing that makes a differnce in pay. If you work 40 hours a week at a salaried position in job A, and 50 hours a week at the same salaried position in job B, you're actually making less per hour in job B.

    You'll be in our prayers regardless - as Mrs. L has been telling me this week, one of God's names is Yahweh Yuri (sp?) - it means "The Lord will Provide".

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 02, 2006 7:12 AM  

  • The Lord will provide = Yahweh Yireh.

    And He does. Very plentifully, in fact! ;)

    By Blogger Mrs. Loquacious, at March 02, 2006 7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home