Wackies

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Sick! Blah...

What a week, and it's still going...

It all started early last week when I first started noticing that my throat was starting to hurt. Then my nose was running and then it hit, a head/sinus cold. The worst part of it all was that I needed to be at work as my partner was off and I had to be there to do some corporate teachings for the organization. By the time Wednesday hit, I was hit hard with the cold and I knew I had to do a full day of teaching. So thinking that I needed to be alert and somewhat presentable, I decided to take 2 of my sinus pills. As I swallowed my 2nd pill, it dawned on me that I just took the wrong pills. Instead of taking my blue color daytime sinus pills I took the white color night time pills! There was nothing I could do, it was done and down the tube. I arrived at work at about 7:30am and knew the drug had not affected me yet. As I got ready for my day, I started walking towards the Auditorium when I noticed that my legs started to feel like jello, then the hallway started to "move" and I could not walk in a straight line. I made it there and set up what I needed to do with a lot of effort. I made it then to my Administrator's office and sat down hard. Asking me what was wrong, I told them my mistake I made that morning with the pills and they were quite concerned. (I forgot to mention that I had already written a quick e-mail to the pharmacy group explaining my situation and if I could do anything or take anything to retro act my handy work) It's great having fellow managers that are either nurses or doctors. They first scolded me for even taking 2 pills since I'm not a very big person (even though I told them that the only reason I took 2 was because in my head, I knew I needed to be alert) then thought of what I could do. They decided that the best thing I could do was first, eat, then down a coke (not diet), to get the caffeine and sugar in my system. Well, it somewhat worked. I managed, though I'm afraid I may not have made too much sense nor would I ever say that was my best teaching presentation ever. The drugs did start wearing out at about 1pm, but by then, I was too afraid to take my day time pills in case something else goes wrong.
I'm getting better now, but Ethan got what I got which started last Friday for him. Poor guy, we can't give him anything for his cold so a lot of "Puffs" and Q-tips. He's slowly getting over it as well. I just can't believe that Wackie never caught it, but probably because he's on shift work.
Now if I could only get some solid sleep while I'm on-call...5 more days...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home