Wackies

Friday, June 02, 2006

Off With it's Head!

Well, there is good news and bad news...
We hired these tree remover guys to come over to cut down and grind out our very large spruce tree in our backyard the other day. Well, they did come over and chop the tree off, but they also beheaded my brand new burning bush that we got couple days before! How it all happened? Apparently when they cut the tree, the guy didn't estimate it well enough that when it came crashing down, the tree landed on all my new plants that were sitting by my house waiting to find their new home. The tree completely cracked the burning bush's head right off and left it only with it's stump. Then it also chopped up my new orange hock...something, but I think I can savage that guy. But man, I bought this bush just because he was the most healthy looking and was getting ready to bloom. Now, it's half it's size and looks very very sickly. The fallen tree also managed to squish some of my perennials like my 2 ornamental poppies that I'll see if it'll come back to life. None the less, I was not very happy with this tree guy. But one thing good though, he wasn't so off that it hit the house, but pretty darn close!
Well, at least we can take the cost of our 2 trees he killed off the total bill. But I still in need of a burning bush...

1 Comments:

  • Oooohhh Wacky! How horrible!!! But with your green thumb, I'm sure you'll be able to revive your bush! I have confidence in you! Besides, better the tree than your house, or the tree landing on a person...right? :D

    By Blogger Vanilla Con, at June 02, 2006 11:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home