Wackies

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Our Son

Wow...Baby Ethan is here! It's seems like a long time coming but it has finally come and we are soo excited about it! Here's how it all began (well, from the time of birth, not conception!)

On Oct 04 I had to go work that night. I worked for a few hours until I got the call from Wackie asking me to come home because she was having quite a few contractions within 12ish minutes apart. I arrived home about 0100 hrs Oct 05 and we kept track of her contractions. For the most part they ranged from 8-10 minutes but her water had not broken yet.

We tried to get some sleep as we knew the time was coming as they were getting a little stronger. We were laying down when Wackie, in mid-contraction, felt her water break at 0316 hrs. We got her cleaned up and left for the hospital. We arrived there around 0400 hrs and was checked into the labour room where she had to endure a couple hours of pain without the epidural. At around 0600 hrs, she was finally given the epidural and things were a lot better for her. This have her time to get some sleep until 0830 hrs when the doctor got her pushing for an hour without success. The OB was brought in to see what could be done next. We were informed that Ethan was in the posterior position and was part of the reason that she was unable to push him out. A C-section was the only option at this point.

I dressed up in the OR garb and when I entered he room, it was such an emotional time as I saw my wife laying on the table with tubes hanging off her. I sat by her head as the doctors did their thing. While she was laying there she asked me to sing "If You Could See What I See", the song I sang to her at our wedding. I was so emotional that I could barely sing it without my voice quivering. Near the end of the song, the doctors were attempting to get Ethan out and when they did, all we heard was crying!

It was Baby Ethan and I will admit, I cried my eyes out. For such a long time, I have been waiting for THAT SOUND in the delivery room and it finally came! What a precious sound it was...my SON was born.

Welcome to your family, Baby Ethan...love mommy and daddy

4 Comments:

  • :)
    Congratulations on your new addition.
    We're very happy for all 3 of you!

    By Blogger Matt, at October 10, 2007 9:32 PM  

  • This is a great story - congratulations to the both of you!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at October 11, 2007 8:37 AM  

  • Awww, I got all emotional just reading this.

    Just one thing, I think you've forgotten your own nicknames. I have a hard time believing that "Wackie" gave birth, and not "Wacky" :P

    Hope mommy, daddy and baby are all doing well!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at October 11, 2007 9:12 AM  

  • oh yeah..thanks Karen...must be the lack o sleep!

    By Blogger Wackies, at October 11, 2007 9:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home