Wackies

Friday, June 09, 2006

My Baby...It's in the Hospital!

Well, I can't say that this has been a great day for me. In fact, my day so far is the same as the weather outside. Dark, gloomy and miserable!
It all started this morning as I did my usual drive to work. Problem is that I never did make it to work. 2 blocks from my work, I got into a big collision. As I got to the intersection, it turned yellow, as I was clearing it, a huge black truck turned left. I hit the brakes, but no use, it hit me with enough impact that I hit the car next to me. Yep, a 3 car collision. I was able to move my car forward so that I can finish clearing the intersection and blocked 1 lane of traffic. So far, no one is hurt. Thank goodness there was a EMS behind me, they gave me their info so that I could use them as witnesses. Sadly, of course our reports are different. Our insurance companies will battle it out. This has left me pretty shaken up. My car had to be towed, my front bumper is gone, the side of my car pretty banged up. You can't close the driver's side door. My baby... it's in the hospital.
Thankfully, my parents were able to meet me at the scene. They pretty much took me home, took me out to eat and then to the rental company. It's was pretty scary driving back home with the rental. I could feel my adrenaline going as my legs shook driving. But I better keep driving or else I never will.
Funny thing, the guy was on probationary driver's license. I think this will hurt him more than me. All I can say is, thank goodness no one was hurt.
One good thing out of all of this, I got to see 2 ambulances and 4 squad cars. That's a lot of attention! Ha ha.
I'll see you next in my bright red Colbolt. It drives nothing like my baby. I already miss her...

1 Comments:

  • My goodness!!!

    Helen and I are definitely glad you are okay, and thank the Lord you are all right!! In the end, a car is just a car but you are irreplacable.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at June 09, 2006 10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home