Wackies

Thursday, October 11, 2007

6 Days as a New Mom

Wow, has it already been 6 days???

Life has truly been changed since the arrival of Ethan to the Wackies house hold. But as a mom (wow, so very odd to say that I'm a mom), life also changes. The first 3 days of Ethan's life was spent at the hospital, listening to all the other newborns cry, getting checked every 4 hours and trying to communicate with his parents what he wanted. I have to say, the hardest had to be after visiting hours and the whole night ahead of us, just Ethan and I. Scary! After trying to get the hang of feeding (we're still working on it), changing diapers as fast as you can so that he won't cry any louder and making sure that he was warm enough, I had little energy left to even climb into bed. It also didn't help that trying not to use your "core" muscles to move made life a little bit more tough. But now at home, and the help of my parents (thank goodness) and my hands on husband (when he's home), life is getting a little calmer. I'm still sleep deprived, but hey, I also have a 6 day old son. Looking forward to what kind of adventures we're going to explore.

I'm going to sleep... if I can.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home