Wackies

Saturday, October 13, 2007

Hospital & Me

Well, Ethan is now a whole week old! To me, he has already grown, as I notice he's getting a little bit heavier when I'm carrying him. Also, he's feeding better which means he is either finally getting the hang of it (or more so I am), or he's a hungry little guy. I like to call him my "Hungry Hippo". :) He's sleeping better now too which is really nice, and he lets his mommy take a nap here and there when he's napping. But this week has not gone without a trip to the Medi-centre, and back to the MIS. The day we brought Ethan home, I was taking a nap, when I felt something in my right eye. As usual, I love rubbing my eyes, so I did and the next few minutes was crazy. My eye started turning really red, and then started to swell up. Not only that, I could see this thick substance in my eye (Gross, I know). Panicking, I quickly got Wackie to look at it, and called trusty old Dr. M. With his advice we headed over the the MIS Emerg, but the wait was way too long, so we ended up at the Medi-centre. Of course, I got dropped off, not wanting Ethan exposed to sick people. Turns out, the Doc that was suppose to come in, was "on route" meaning, on his way, so I had to sit there longer than needed since I was the next person in line. After a quick check and some antihistamines drops, I was clear and my eye is good (thanks Dr. M for checking up on me the next day). Well, celebrating Ethan's week old day, I noticed that my incision was starting to not look right. I called the Health Care Nurse, then called my Doc and was advised to go to the Emerg... again! So, my dad took me to the MIS Emerg and Ethan was in good hands with my mom. After getting the initial check and chart ready, I went to go sit in the waiting room, when my name was called right away. Turns out the nurse that was taking my info, asked if I could be bumped right to the front as I just had a C-Section and probably shouldn't be waiting in the "sick" room. So, I got in right away!! Even though there had been others waiting for 5 hours plus!! How incredibly nice hey. The nurse was so nice too (so there still are very nice people out there). I was seen by the Doc pretty quickly too, and was given a prescription for antibiotics to take. Sigh... I'm getting use to this Emerg scene. I hope I don't have to go back anytime soon. Lets just pray that I don't...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home