Wackies

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Winging It!

Sigh... why do babies not come with a manual?!?
It's been a rough night last night as we attempted and successfully got Ethan to sleep in his own crib. The past 2 weeks, Ethan has been sleeping in our room either in his bassinet (usually didn't last long) or in our bed in between Wackie and I. I know, I know, once that happens, it's hard to get them to sleep on their own. But the convenience of the baby right there and the joy of just having your little one so close is too tempting. Besides, when else will the baby let you be so close to them? Soon, parent's just won't be "cool" anymore ;) Ethan usually has a fussy period at the last feeding before night time. He's wide awake and ends up keeping us up early into the morning with his fussiness. So, attempting to let him have some independence, we placed him in his crib and stood there trying to calm him down. After quite some time trying to calm him down, both Wackie and I decided it was time to leave the room. So we climbed into bed and listened to him cry and cry... how incredibly hard (how does one not want to get up and sooth their baby?!?). I watched the clock as he cried and finally got up to feed him after some time has passed. After feeding him and changing him, I placed him back in his sleeper and off to his crib again. Again, standing and watching, I waited till he calmed down a bit and went to bed. Well, the baby slept! I got up couple more times throughout the night to feed and change, but each time, he went to sleep in his crib!!! Prayer is strong! Not saying it was easy, I barely got any sleep as I am constantly waiting for his cry. It's now noon and I'm wanting a nap soon knowing that tonight will be yet another uneasy night...

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home