Wackies

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!


Well, the commercial Valentine's day has come again when flowers, chocolates and cards are all overpriced! Most of you know I'm a sucker for flowers, potted of cut fresh, but during this time of the year, I refuse to pay the marked up prices for them. Even Costco flowers went up in price for roses. Usually, you get 2 dozen roses for $18.99, but yesterday when we went, they were a dozen roses for $17.99. Nope, I didn't get flowers yesterday, but I did get some a couple weeks ago and here is what it looks like now. I never can get roses to open up for me. I cut them in an angle with a sharp knife, change the water every other day, and give them food. I even placed them in warm water as that is suppose to get them to open up. I truly don't have luck with roses. Orchids on the other had, I can get them to grow and re-bloom. What am I doing wrong?
Well, no fresh flowers this week, I'll get them next week when they're back to "regular" price.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home